Monday, March 5, 2012

05 March 2012 - Olmué, Villa Alemana

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

This morning we had a zone activity where we played a little bit of soccer and then watched 17 Miracles together in a member's house in Villa Alemana. It was a great movie. I don't know if you have seen it or not, but it's about the Martin Handcart Company, and was really well made in my opinion. Miracles are real, and God is alive and working still. I know that because I see miracles daily.

We came to Viña last Monday and are in Viña again today because Elder Rojas is getting therapy for his knee. They do a bunch of stuff with electricity and such that makes his leg tickle, but he only gets 2 sessions of therapy because the mission can't pay for the 12 that he needs, but hopefully it helps him enough so that he doesn't need to have an operation, because that would send him home. Anyways, because of the therapy and the activity this morning, I have about 7 more minutes to write my email, but I want to send more pictures because I haven't sent any in a while.

We fixed up about half of the jungle that is our front yard, but I forgot to take an "after" picture, so I'll send those next week. I suppose there are still fleas in my pension, Mom, but it has just become a normal thing for me to be always itchy and have flea bites all over. The fun new pests of Olmué are the giant slugs that infest our pension! They like to crawl in through cracks during the night and make trails over the counters and floor and our stuff, but we pour salt in the cracks of the doors and windows to try to prevent them. Check out the photo.

Daniel Burnett, I have no idea why it's called Village Germany. Jealous of the castle.

We had a stake conference yesterday with a transmission from Salt Lake City where Jay E. Jensen (a 70), Julie B. Beck, and Neil L. Andersen spoke to us (all of the stakes in Chile) in Spanish, which all 3 know how to speak. Then they translated the talk of L. Tom Perry from English to Spanish. It was so refreshing to hear from those 4 speakers, and was a great opportunity to show some of our investigators that there are living apostles who are special witnesses of the Living Christ. After the conference, I realized that we are getting really close to General Conference!! I am so stoked for that, and the stake conference was like a nice little warm up for the big show. Bring the vatos, it's going down.

I love you all so much!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment