Monday, October 8, 2012

08 October 2012 - La Cantera, Coquimbo


¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Loved conference. Like always. Defs one of my favorite talks was Elder Ballard's because so much symbolism just came right into place and I just have that much more appreciation for honey and the beehive now. His message is so critical, because, especially as a missionary, the salvation of millions of souls seems like a great big task to one person, but if we were all to just do our small, diligent part, we would see an incredible, astonishing, real growth to social and economic changes as we put into practice the restored gospel. It often seems as a missionary that you have to do all the missionary work on your own, but as Dad says, there ought not to be that division of teams between the missionaries and the members. We're all on the same team, and we can all do just a little bit more, put forth a little extra effort, to share the sweet, enriching nectar of the gospel put in practice with our friends and loved ones.

President Monson's message really got me thinking about all the "ordinary" experiences in my life that I've looked over before without recognizing that they are truly extraordinary. We will never know that seemingly unimportant promptings really are very important unless we act on them immediately and witness after the trial of our faith that God's hand truly does influence to where and when we need to be.

The announcement of the missionary age change was exciting, and I did wonder if there would be anyone at BYU when I get home or not. There surely won't be much of a freshman boy group roaming around, at least. Chile has already been sending out 18 year old boys to the mission, and I've already trained a couple of 18 year old missionaries, so I know how impactful they can be in the mission field.

Speaking of trainers, I had to say my last goodbye to Elder Pilcher on Friday when we went down to Viña del Mar because he finishes his mission today and should be on his way to the airport just about now. I'm going to miss him immensely. It was so uplifting to be able to see him around the mission every once in a while, and it just makes me feel really old in the mission now that my daddy's gone.

I also liked something that Elder Bednar said about the lamanites who were converted so fully to the gospel that they labored and strove with unwearied diligence to bring their brethren to the truth. I had just read that in my personal study and it struck me then too that it really takes unwearied diligence to bring our brethren to the truth because they just don't know what they missing in their darkness, and I cannot sit still while they are steadily headed towards a hard wakeup call. They can so often fail our hopes in them, and we experience so many disappointments, that these words truly penetrate me when I read and apply them. When I look in my investigators eyes, I see what they can become, just as President Monson said, and I never lose hope that they will somehow, sometime, capture and see that same potential of what they can be! Even if they can't see it, we can!! I love you all!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment