Monday, July 4, 2011

04 July 2011 - Missionary Training Center

Hola mi familia y amigos!!

All the elders and sisters here at the MTC say if you make it to Sunday, it will all gets easy from there on, provided you work your tail off at all times! So I guess it´s all downhill from here! I love the MTC! This is my kind of place, because I have so much time to study, ponder, and truly get closer to the Lord and prepare for my mission. My companion is Elder Barela from Santa Rosa, CA, and we are a great companionship! Elder Barela is basically the mormon version of my friend Mark Smith from Coronado High School, haha. Elder Barela is half native american, and his dad and a lot of his tribe were converted to the faith after their tribe leader had a dream that 2 men dressed in white shirts holding black books would come to them and teach them righteous, true principles. After that, the missionaries visited their tribe and it´s all history from there! He is the first to serve a mission in his family, and he came for the right reasons. He took 2 years of Spanish in high school, so he was covered for the first half day here at the MTC. I learn a lot from him, though, and we work hard and stay focused pretty well.

Fun story: at the airport, waiting for my baggage (sub-fun story: it didn't make the connection from Colorado Springs to Denver, so Delta sent it to me later that evening), a girl standing next to me asked me if I was on my way to the MTC, since it's pretty easy to tell when you are wearing a suit in the SLC airport. She was on her way to the MTC, too, and I asked her what mission, to which she replied Chile Viña del Mar!! That was pretty exciting! Her name is Sister Brunson, but she´s not in my district, although I do see her every once in a while. My district has 11 elders: 2 are going to Ghuatemala Queztaltenango, 5, including my companion, are going to Chile Santiago West, and 4 are going to Chile Viña del Mar. The other 3 Viña missionaries are in a trio companionship. I was called to be district leader and I´m trying hard to be a good example!

My scheduled day to leave is actually August 29, and I can´t wait til then!! I see so many elders that I know here! I see Elder Burnett, both Elder Richards, Elder Willman, Elder Moffitt, Elder Hoeft, Elder Baker, yada yada yada. I even sat right next to Elder Stringer at the new missionary orientation, complete coincidence! I have gym and meals with Elder Burnett, so I see him all the time! He looks good!

My Spanish is coming already, gracias por el don de lenguas y por el Espiritu Santo! Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadera! Dios habla mis oraciones y contesta siempre. Siento fuego en mi corazón cuando leo (conjugation?) el Libro de Mormón y cuando mantemiéntame (that's probably wrong...) limpio. Dios es mi Padre Celestial, y nos ama. Somos sus hijos y podemos regresar con Él!

I love you all, and I am working so hard! Pray for me, and send me questions if yopu want to know something!

Love, Elder Kimball!

No comments:

Post a Comment