¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
It sounds like this last week was pretty busy for everyone in the family! The Christmas parties and celebrations are exciting, and I’m excited to Skype you on Christmas!!! I don’t know the details yet, when or where, but I will figure it out this week and let you know next Monday. It brings me pride to know that Kylie is a rising jazz star, play that saxophone with spunk, girl! Kelby sounds pretty, ahem, busy at BYU with all the parties and schoolwork and whatnot. Keep up the good work.
The kitchen project sounds really cool, I am really interested to see what it turned out like, especially if you finish it up later with new doors and floors before I get home. You said you attached some photos a couple weeks ago, but I can’t find them, could you send them again, please?
Speaking of sending me stuff, I received your package in the mail!! I’m super excited to see what’s inside, and I am waiting til Christmas to open it!! Thank you!!
You asked if I ever play soccer with the Chileans here. I have only played soccer twice so far, but I will play again today. Unfortunately, 2 of those 3 times are just with the zone of missionaries, so it’s mostly gringos playing soccer, but the other time when we played with some investigators and the single adults in my ward, it was a ton of fun! It was great to see the different style of play they have, because they grew up playing in the streets and on steep hillsides, and so they have a different ball control mentality and passes are really sharp and tight. I like it a lot.
Today is pretty busy because I opened up my carnet this morning, I will be going to the doctor, and we’re playing soccer as a zone. I have been in Chile for 3 months, so I can officially get my Chilean license and stuff, which is called a carnet, so I just have to go around to a bunch of registros to copy my passport and get my information, and I will get my license in a week or so. The office set up a doctors appointment for me so that I can get a prescription for my polyethylene glycol, because all the pharmacies here say it needs to be ordered specially and it isn’t sold over-the-counter here.
To Chris Bowler, I’m pretty jealous that you watched Tangled on Thanksgiving with your zone! Haha, I feel like I’d get a bit trunky if I saw that movie while on the mission. What a classic.
This last week was pretty busy, and it just keeps getting busier. It’s crazy because we have a huge group of people that can progress towards baptism, and it’s just hard to get around to all of them and find them when they’re in their house, and then we find even more people who we start teaching. So much comes from the pure faith that living the Gospel that the Lord has set will bring more joy than seeking the artificial pace and happiness that comes from the way the world creates. It’s a simple question of priorities. If we just put our trust in Christ and actually followed him, we will be more comfortable and find more happiness and relief in day to day life, in our studies, in our families, in our hobbies, our recreation, sports, literally everything.
One investigator, Elsa, told me about how one morning she decided to start the day by reading the Book of Mormon, and then she drank milk for breakfast instead of tea, and then she said a prayer, and she just felt a warmth in her heart the whole entire day long, and found a higher joy in everything she did with her daughter and in her work. She and her husband, Gabriel, were about to get divorced when we found them, but now they are happier than ever together and they understand that as they both practice their trust in Christ by obeying his commandments, they develop more patience, understanding, forgiveness, and love for each other and are developing a home where their children can grow in a healthy environment filled with the Spirit.
This stuff is awesome. I love you all!
Love, Elder Kimball
No comments:
Post a Comment