Monday, January 16, 2012

16 January 2012 - Nueva Aurora, Viña del Mar Oeste

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Dang it!! I was SO excited to hear where Tiffanie was going on her mission, I had been anticipating it all last week! I´m so excited for you, Tiff! Hopefully the mission call comes sooner than later so that the suspense doesn´t kill us!

Elder Diaz is getting better at swing dancing, but he still has a strange tendency to use his latino hips excessively! Haha, and no, I haven´t asked him to teach me any Latin dances, so I haven´t been able to develop my white boy hips, sorry Mom! We´re spending too much time working hard, I guess!

We´ve been playing soccer more often, it seems, and had a game with the zone of missionaries last preparation day. It was a ton of fun, as always, and afterwards we cooked Chilean sausages at the stake center and played ping pong soccer in the cultural hall, basically ping pong, but with a soccer ball and a line of chairs as a "net," and we juggled the ball with our feet and head and could only let the ball bounce once on the ground. It got pretty intense and I ended up making it to the finals, but lost to a Honduran elder. Last week, an investigator of ours challenged us to a soccer match, he and 4 of his friends against Elder Diaz and I and whoever else, so we set up the match for later today, and we got Charly and Osman and Sammy, 3 return missionaries in our ward, to come join our team against them. I´ll let you know if we win, and we´re going to try to make a wager where if we do win, the other team has to come to church on Sunday!

Elsa got baptized yesterday and it was such a great service!! She is absolutely terrified of the water, and is a person who gets nervous easily in the first place, but Gabriel helped her into the water and reassured her the whole time. He then said the prayer and she held her breath and closed her eyes real tight as he put her under, and then brought her back out. She came out of the water crying because she was so scared of the water, but she was so happy to have done it and they were able to just stand there hugging for a bit. It was so great that Gabriel changed his life around so that he could baptize her and be there for her, and now they´ll remember that experience forever! After they changed into dry clothes, they bore their testimony together and she expressed her feelings about how she just felt confused in life and wanted to do things right, but never knew if she was good enough, and how when she finally decided to pray, she could feel the reality of our Father in Heaven and His love that He has for her, no matter how small she is, and how she knew that the gospel has been restored so that she could take the right path back to our Heavenly Father with her family forever.

It was also Elsa´s birthday yesterday, so after the baptism they invited a lot of the ward members over to their tiny home and had a good get-together, and really got to know each other better. I´m really grateful for all the Family Home Evenings we have had as a family, because I have learned a lot of good group games to play that break the ice well, such as the Name Game and Signs, which I taught them yesterday. They were all just kind of sitting around and not interacting, so we started up those games and then after that everyone was a lot more loose and bonded together well.

I´d like to place an order for more contact lenses, please! I have been switching out my contacts every 6 weeks, at the beginning of every transfer, and I have the pair I´m using now plus one more pair for the next transfer, but I need 11 more pairs to last me my whole mission, so if you sent me two boxes of 6 contacts for each eye, that would be just perfect for the whole mission. Thanks!

I was reading Chris Bowler´s letters and I saw a picture of one of his breakfasts or something, but it was a plate of bacon. It was just then that I realized that bacon doesn´t exist in Chile. It was a sad moment. But it´s ok, because I secretly have a precious stash of Peanut Butter M&M´s hidden in my suitcase somewhere! I love you all!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment