Monday, May 7, 2012

07 May 2012 - Olmué, Villa Alemana

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

What a joy it was to speak with you yesterday! I'm glad the internet held on just enough to communicate with you all! I'm glad to see that everyone's doing well and whatnot. Tiffy, I'm so proud to be your younger brother and I'm so excited for you to be able to serve a mission. In the MTC, if you ever run into Hermano Scheide, Hermano Flynn, or Hermana Savage, tell them I say hi. They certainly are incredible teachers. I don't know if they'd still be teaching there. Is Jeff Marlor still teaching there?

Thinking about the package for my birthday, I can't really think about anything that I'd need, other than the usual, haha. Actually, the one thing I did think of that could be cool is if you sent me a bunch of Colorado postcards, which I could send to my converts. That would also make convert letter-writing a bit easier I think.

I figured out the ATM card, so I took out some personal money that should cover me for the rest of the mission pretty much.

We had transfers today, so the zone will be a little bit different in the next 6 weeks. I really loved this zone that we had last transfer, probably my favorite zone yet, and I'll miss Elder Reyes, who is an elder that arrived with me to the mission, and ever since I met him that first day in the mission home I've had a lot of respect for him. He's leaving the zone to go to Villa Alemana Oeste, haha, so not that far away. Elder Abatti and I are staying together in Olmué, and that means I get to watch Elder Roach die. Elder Roach is the one who has been my zone leader for my entire mission so far, and for his entire time as a zone leader. Also, Sister Hart is still going to stay in Limache, where she has been for her entire mission, 6 transfers! Haha, we're beginning to wonder if she was called to the Chile Viña del Mar mission or the Chile Limache mission.

Last week we had a district activity on preparation day that was really fun. We played volleyball, cooked hamburgers in the church kitchen, and watched The Book of Mormon movie that was made by Halestorm Entertainment. It was the first time I had seen it, and it was an interesting movie, I'd have to say. It was kind of strange in some parts, and like in many other cases, the book is better than the movie. Which reminds me... were they going to make a Hobbit movie? I guess I'll find out in a year or so. Anyways, it was a good activity, and I got to play volleyball, which I hadn't played in a good while, since I was in the MTC.

Well, I can't really think of much more to say that we didn't say yesterday, haha. I love you all!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment