Monday, April 30, 2012

30 April 2012 - Olmué, Villa Alemana

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Alright, very funny. Fake Risk tournament, that's a classic. Haha, I was thinking about it afterwards with my companion, and I confessed that you playing Risk without me wasn't as bad as the Bradleys going on a Carribbean cruise without Sean (or was it Kyle?), but it turns out the whole thing was a scam anyways. Well played.

My mission president gave the go-ahead to skype you all a week early so that I can see Tiff before she puts the black plaque on! That's so crazy, I didn't even realize we were getting close to Mother's Day, and all of a sudden I'm going to see my family this Sunday, wow! I wil set up someone and somewhere to be able to skype you all at 4:00 in the afternoon, my time. I think that should be 2:00 your time. If there is a change of plans, I will send you a quick email this week to let you know. Woohoo!

Great job, Kenzie!! Way to beat Doherty, that's my girl! Tennis champs for life! What are all the things that you can do at the YMCA? That sounds like a fun membership, and I'd like to play dad at racquetball. We had a pretty fun tradition going on at BYU, where we went to play racquetball every week. I didn't go every week, but it sure was a fun sport that I had never played before.

Defs second-best part of the week last week was when it rained!! I was a bit startled, and then soon broke out in great rejoicing as I ran around in the first precipitation that I've felt in an entire year. As we start to enter into winter down here, it feels extra strange because I have been in summer for an entire year now. Now the first-best part of the week was the daylight savings hour change!! I haven't had an extra hour of sleep since I've felt rain last! It was very welcome and well used.

Ok, the real best parts of the week actually have to do with the missionary work. Over the last few weeks, Elder Abatti and I have been preparing the ward for their own ward activity that was held last Saturday. We had gone to many of the members houses a few different times to help them think about experiences in their lives that have made a difference, experiences that have changed the way they act and think, and why they did so. As the members pondered on how the Spirit has guided them in their lives and all the blessings that it has founded in their homes, they grew within themselves a desire to share those feelings and love with their family and friends. Who else needs to feel the guiding and healing power of the Spirit to have the blessings that we have had? Over the last few weeks, the members found the courage to invite their friends to the activity and many had frineds that said they would like to come! The choice is simple, act! In the activity, we all dressed in white and boarded an airplane which careened into the earth, and so we all died and went to different rooms learning about the three degrees of glory, and at the end we all joined back together and sat in our families and learned more about the great plan of happiness that God wants for us. Our Heavenly Father has planned everything! He wants us to be in His presence with our families after everything is done, and it is only made possible because Christ undertook the Atonement to overcome the effects of the Fall. Now all we need to do is follow Him. See you Sunday! I love you all!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment