Monday, June 18, 2012

18 June 2012 - Olmué, Villa Alemana

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Ok team, my time has come to leave my second area, beloved Olmué. I received my new assignment to Placeres, in the zone Valparaíso!! That area lies bordering my first area where I started the mission, Nueva Aurora. In fact, a good chunk of the Hill Placeres was in my first area, and I rode the bus every once in a while right through the area of Placeres to get to my pension, so I already know the chapel where I will be and can locate myself pretty easily. I'm excited to return to the gorgeous ocean views from the hills of Valparaíso, but they won't be quite as grand as from Nueva Aurora, which is a bit higher up on the hill.

I'm really excited to return back, and being so close to my first ward, I wonder if I'll be allowed to go visit a few of them, maybe on a preparation day or something. I'll have to ask the mission president, but it would be fantastic to drop by and see how they are doing. Speaking of the mission president, we had our mission conference last week and all said our goodbye's to President and Sister Gillespie, because they will be leaving on the 30th. The connection missionaries feel towards the mission president is indescribable, because we can literally feel the line of authority that connects us to him as he guides us in our work individually and as a whole. I will miss them so much, but I know the next president, who comes on the 30th, is the one man in the world that God has specifically called to come to Viña del Mar, and it is for a reason.

Also, speaking of my first ward, I ran into the missionaries who are currently in Nueva Aurora while we were in the conference, and they updated me on all the goings-about. I was so excited and happy to hear that Carolaine, the 19-year-old daughter of Elsa and Gabriel, finally decided to get baptized, and Gabriel baptized her!! She was going to church every Sunday with them when I was there, but never wanted to go any further, and now she has joined her family in their great journey together. What an experience it will be going to the temple all together in a year to be sealed for time and all eternity. I can't wait!

In the conference, we got the mail, and it became a very happy birthday! I LOVE the new backpack, it just feels rugged and missionary-worthy. Elder Abatti was a big fan of the Starburst Jellybeans that we got for Easter, so we busted that bag open on Saturday night to celebrate. Thanks so much for all your love!

Last week, we were walking in the street and a woman and her 3 year old girl stopped me and asked me if I had any more stickers to give. I realized she was referring to the little stickers of Jesus Christ that I hand out to little kids that Marta sent me. It's such a good way to start a contact with people who have small children, and this particular lady, Jenifer and her daughter Belenca, had been recipients of my stickers when we were riding on a bus one day. I recognized her from that encounter, but she hadn't wanted to hear anything more about our message that day. I reached in my backpack and pulled out another sticker for Belenca, and we presented the Book of Mormon to Jenifer, who this time decided to accept our invitation to learn more! She was going to go to church this Sunday, but it was raining pretty hard and they don't have umbrellas, but Marcelo Ahumada turns out to be a friend of hers and they're excited to start going to church together, I guess when it doesn't rain.

Tomorrow, I'll make my way to Valparaíso for the next stage of this stupendous 2-year adventure. Now it's time to go pack. I love you all!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment