Monday, December 31, 2012

31 December 2012 - La Cantera, Coquimbo

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Ok, MIND BLOWN. I was just scanning through your weekly letter to me, and read Kelby's letter, minding my own business, and then all of a sudden, it was as if someone slapped me in the face with a herring. "The Hobbit??" What do you mean to say, "The Hobbit?" Of course, to make it funnier, Kelby writes it in her letter as if it was common knowledge or something. I don't know if I feel betrayed, excited, trunky, or what, but I can't believe there are going to be 3 movies of the Hobbit, and I missed the first one.

That said, it sounded like a bounteous and delightful Christmas, well-spent and gone forever. Just like 2012 is about to be. I can't possibly imagine having spent this year in any possible better way than I did, and I'm stoked to celebrate that fact tonight with some members who invited us to their house to eat barbeque and watch fireworks. I already have plenty of 2013 resolutions, and I look forward to a spectacular year. May you all achieve the same, or better.

We've been diligently searching and praying for those who have a firm light of Christ, and found a family of 4 a few weeks back who have been regularly denying their close family's weekly invitations to their evangelical church for several years, but decided to listen to us for "whatever reason." We focused very closely and prepared to invite them to the church and in a lesson guided by the Spirit, helped them to commit themselves to going to church with us yesterday. They wondered aloud to us that they thought it was interesting that they felt desires to come to church with us after only 2 or 3 weeks together, but never had even accompanied their siblings to their church once. Their names are Oswaldo and Cecilia, and they loved the church yesterday and felt very comfortable and uplifted inside. The church is true, I know it. I love you all!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment