¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
Tiff, the rogue Viña del Mar veteran who ran into you is Nate Hughes, a great friend I made here on the mission! He was my district leader while I was in Olmué, and we were there together for 4 months. He always said he was going to go find you, since he lives in Virginia, and we've been communicating for the last 6 months, tracking your movements, so that he could go meet you at church.
Dad, Lety Reyes is Lorena's mom's sister, who I suppose was always present in the missionary lessons when you taught Olga, but she never got baptized. We've been going by her house a lot, but she's never there when we go, so I haven't met her yet. I also haven't had the opportunity to meet Maria Chapa still, so I don't know much about her. Hopefully, she comes to our baptismal service this week so I can meet her.
One investigator we have, Gloria, owns a small store, so we go in and share with her every once in a while while she sits at her register. This last week, we started having a breakthrough with her and were able to listen to her very well and understand a lot more of her motives and life concerns, and then the gospel just fell into place for her, and she began to establish her own testimony of the Book of Mormon and the restoration. It was just such a beautiful process, and she even agreed to closing her shop on Sunday morning so she could accompany us to the church, and she felt so good there and liked it so much that she decided she wanted to see our baptismal service this week with Mauricio and Veronica, and is going to close her store for a bit to go see it and see how she feels about it. I know the gospel is what she needs. I love Christ for what He does for us. I stand in utter astonishment at His magnificent power to heal, His mercy to forgive, His love to encourage and uplift. We can become like Him! My humblest desires are to serve Him in whatever way I can, however little. I know He lives, and I love you all so, so much!
Love, Elder Kimball
No comments:
Post a Comment