Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANIE!! I hope you're feeling great right now and that you have a fun day with the family and such! I love you!
Also, tomorrow is the birthday of Iris McComb, whose birthday I swore not to forget ever again after missing her birthday party, I think sophomore year, so hopefully the word somehow gets to her that I still haven't forgotten her birthday! Happy Birthday, Iris!
To answer questions I have received in the mail: no, I have not seen Jeff Marlor anywhere, although I am on the lookout. However, Elder Dustin Driggs from McKinney, TX, is in my same gym time, so we have played basketball together a few times. He is headed for Las Vegas, English speaking, and I'm really excited for him! Other missionaries I am excited for are Elders Burnett, Bowler, and Skousen (the smaller) whose letters were forwarded to me through DearElder!! Holy cow, after reading of their experiences in the field I cannot even express how excited I am to go forth and share the overwhelming love God has for his children in the world and start thrusting in my sickle in the harvest! So yeah, thank you so much for forwarding those letters, they were inspiring, truly. Also, someone please tell James Skidmore that if I don't receive a notification of some form from him telling me where he is headed on his mission, I will be...sad.
So DearElder works really well, because then I can read your letters before this time Monday morning when I write back! However, they don't print them on Saturdays or Sundays, so if you write one on Friday, sometimes I don't get it until Monday or Tuesday, which is why I didn't reply to all your questions last week. Dad, thanks so much for writing me completely in Spanish, that was a lot of fun!! I think you'd be proud to know I only had to use my dictionary for one word in the entire letter (encima)! Our timing is pretty unlucky with temples, it sounds like, since I was here while the Provo temple was being cleaned, and you'll be in Costa Rica while that temple is being cleaned! Oh well, if you go again with mom you could probably go through then! Speaking of which, no, I did not get the privilege of helping clean the temple like Elder Burnett, it was another district in my zone that was asked to help with that.
On preparation days, we daily plan, write emails, eat breakfast, go to the temple (now that it's open again!!), personal study, eat lunch, do laundry, iron clothes, polish shoes, and just relax until dinner and our class at night. Normally I just spend my free time reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish, which is getting easier and easier! I love it so much! On Sundays, our time is mostly filled by personal study, although most of that time I have to spend in meetings with other district leaders in the zone and leadership training, that stuff. I really like it, and then we get to walk to the temple after sacrament meeting in the afternoon and have firesides at night, and then they show church movies like Legacy or Joseph Smith or old MTC devotionals and such. Last night they showed the Testaments again, which will always be one of the highlights of my week! :)
I haven't seen my blog site that you made me, although I trust that it is great, and maybe I'll get to check while in the field sometime. Also, we don't have a culture class here, but during our class on Tuesday morning, we go to TRC, which I have no idea what stands for, and practice teaching volunteer investigators. Last Tuesday, we had a lady who was straight from Mexico and didn't speak any English, it was such an awesome experience!! I could understand most of what she said and we actually held a conversation with her, and she told us about what she knew about Chile and the food and such and I told her about my dad and we taught her a lesson on the Restoration and it was incredible and I was so excited to go to Chile after that. Only 3 more weeks...Don't get me wrong, I am so happy to be in the MTC where I can just absorb the scriptures and lessons and learn so much! It is an incredible experience.
Our schedule basically has gym for an hour a day Tuesday-Saturday, two 3-hour classes with our teachers every day, personal study times, language study times, TALL (which is a Spanish learning software that focuses on the missionary lessons) for an hour each day, daily planning, and meals. These are all basically shuffled around each day so that every day has a different schedule, but it's just a different order of these things in it.
Thanks so much for the picture book, I seriously love it and I am using it a lot! Also, if you have a pocket dictionary you had in mind that would be useful and fit in my suit pocket, I wouldn't refuse it, but they did provide me with a dictionary here, but it's biggish.
I love you all so, so much!!
Love, Elder Kimball
No comments:
Post a Comment