Monday, August 1, 2011

01 August 2011 - Missionary Training Center

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!!

La obra está divertido y tengo esperanza que esté listo para compartir las enseñanzas del Señor con la gente de Chile eficazmente a través del Espíritu. Ahora, mi distrito ha acabado aprendiendo todo la gramática de Español, y necesitamos practicar más para que entendamos mejor y hablemos más eficazmente. Estoy aún usando subjuntivo y voz pasivo, pero estará bien cuando tenga un nativo compañero quien puede corregirme. No obstante, estoy animado y no tengo miedo de la idioma.

(Translation by Mark: The work is fun and I hope that I'm ready to share the teachings of the Lord with the people of Chile effectively through the Spirit. Now, my district has finished learning all the Spanish grammar, and we need to practice more so that we understand better and speak more effectively. I'm using subjective and passive tenses, but it will be better when I have a native companion who can correct me. Not withstanding, I'm excited and have no fear of the language.)

In fact, sometime last week, I had my very first dream in Spanish (sort of!) In the dream, I received a letter in the mail and it was completely in Español and I spent the rest of the dream translating it. It was so awesome, and I woke up just totally pumped! Speaking of letters, mommy, could you send Elder Burnett´s and Elder Bowler´s letters over Dear Elder or something? I want to know how they are doing in the field!! You said Elder Bowler might already have a baptism? Crazy!

Also, you may use my tennis racquet. Kenzie, I wish I could still play with you and give you more pointers, but just remember to have fun with the game, that´s what it is for in the first place! Always be on your toes in an athletic stance and have the inner-drive to always improve! I love you and expect to play some good, solid games against you when I get back!

By the way, dad, we got new Spanish scriptures when we got here and they´re the nice leather-covered kind, the same as we bought before. It´s ok, because I can just send my new scriptures to Kelby for safe-keeping and I´ll bring the ones with my name on them to the field. I do need something, though, before I leave the MTC preferably. Could you send me family pictures? I especially like the one at Grandma Christensen´s house with all the white shirts, but you can send me more than one if you want, and maybe some of the nephews-niece, too. Thanks!

Oh, a couple weeks ago you said you went to President Porter´s homecoming? Funny story, when I got here I found his picture in the Philippines mission on the board with all the mission presidents, and then a couple days later I tried to show someone and it was gone!! I didn´t know what happened, but I guess that´s because they had released him, now I know.

So I literally do not speak in English anymore. Our game, el Nativo Escondido, is over (I won, by the way!) and we have a new game to make sure we don´t speak English. We all start with 5 cards that we put in our shirt pocket, and then at any time if you say something in English, whoever touches you first gets one of your cards. At the start of the next class with Hermano Sheide, we count up the cards everyone has, tally the points, and distibute them back. My district is really competitive, so this is a really good game to make sure we don´t speak in English. It´s incredible how much we progress in the language when we have to communicate everything in Spanish and carry dictionaries everywhere we go. My thoughts are even starting to turn Spanish, and it´s only been a month!

Today we get to go to the Provo temple for the first time!! It´s been closed for cleaning all the month of July, so we haven´t got the chance, but I´m so excited now after all the things I´ve learned in class and in personal study to go through he temple again! It will be stupendous. I love you all so much!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment