Monday, August 15, 2011

15 August 2011 - Missionary Training Center

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Another exciting week at the MTC has transpired, and I am yet alive and well, have no fear! Every once in a while as I'm walking around or when things seem to get monotonous, I simply need to remember how excited and happy I am to finally be here on my mission preparing to share my testimony of Christ and his true gospel to the people of Chile, and I am reenlivened in seconds! My "missionary scripture" that I've wanted on my plaque since I was 14ish has always been Alma 29:9, and it describes perfectly how I approach this grand work. I will work as hard and as devoted as I possibly can, so that there will be a possibility of someone else accepting the Lord in their lives through the restored gospel. The scariest word in that scripture (in English) is "perhaps." I literally have to work with all my heart, might, mind, and strength and expect nothing to come from it, and that is when I can be a clean instrument in the hands of the Lord to be His servant in this work.

Kylie, I'm so glad to hear you did well with the saxophone! Take care of my baby, love and cherish it. I wish I could hear you play, but I'm excited to see how well you increase your talents in the next 2 years by the time I get back to hear you play! Keep up the good work and don't get lazy, you will never regret practicing, you will only regret not practicing.

School starts this Wednesday?? Woohoo! Alright Kenzie and Kylie, you know the drill! Work as hard as you can and get good grades, but never forget to have fun. Kenzie, be exciting! You have such a great energy in you and people will draw to that if you are willing to express yourself positively! Even when school gets hard, remember how glad you are to be alive with the opportunities you have! Also, take seminary seriously.

Dad, it sounds like Cleveland is pretty fun, even if you have to spend your time watching baseball. ;) Haha, thanks for the letter!

Oh, I saw Jeff Marlor, finally, and spoke to him entirely in Spanish!! His lunch time is an hour and a half earlier than mine, but on Wednesday he stayed in the cafeteria for that long and I saw him at his table.

I will be hosting newcomers this Wednesday and the next one after that. I'll be one of the people who stands at the curb and drags missionaries away mercilessly from their mothers and sucks them into the MTC, mwahaha. It would be so crazy if I got to host Elder Craig Skousen in a couple of weeks...

Elders Rob Hoeft and Andrew Gibbs, who were in the exact same district, left this morning for Argentina and Paraguay, so last night after the devotional we met up and said a quick goodbye, God speed! They're going to do great! Speaking of leaving, I should be getting my travel plans to Chile this Thursday, so I'll let you know what cities we are going through. I don't have my visa yet, I think, but it doesn't matter for Chile. All I need is my passport, and they will let us into the country, and then we can live there for 3 months or something like that before we need to show them our visa. If I don't have it by then, we have other problems. But yeah, the travel office here just asked to see our passports and said we were all set to go.

Some of my very favoritest things here are the devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday. On Tuesdays, there's a good probability of hearing an apostle, unless you come during July, which is their month off. So far, no apostles have come to speak while I have been here, but there have been 2 active seventies (Gerald Lund, a legend, and good ole Cecil O Samuelson, president of BYU) and a bunch of emeritus seventies and other wise men. I have learned so much from each of them and I really look forward to those. I wish I could go to one every Tuesday for my whole life, actually. I get 2 more shots at getting an apostle, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. At the beginning of the MTC, I said I wasn't leaving until Thomas S Monson himself came, but I'll see how I feel in 2 weeks even if he hasn't come...

Oh by the way, soccer is going great, I even got 2 separate hat tricks last week, so no problems there. I just wish they would let us wear cleats. I love you all so much!!

Love,
Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment