Monday, August 22, 2011

22 August 2011 - Missionary Training Center

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

I have one week left in the MTC! One week to get as much pure studying as I possibly can to prepare to meet real investigators on the streets of Viña del Mar!! I received my travel plans on Friday, so it is official, I am heading to Chile! Next Monday, the 29th, I leave the MTC at 10 AM, get up to Salt Lake City for my flight to Atlanta that leaves at 1:50 and arrives in Atlanta at 7:40. Then I stick around for a couple of hours until my flight leaves Atlanta at 10 PM and arrives in Santiago at 8:35 AM the next morning!! Dad, the flight numbers, in case you wanted to follow my flights, are Delta #1306 and Delta #147, respectively. The 4 Viña missionaries in my district will be in a group of 13 that are going to Viña with us, and the other 5 in my district will be in a group of 12 that are heading to Santiago missions. The Santiago missionaries leave the MTC at 11:30 next Monday, but we will meet up again in Atlanta where we will share the flight to Santiago.

So I get to call home when I'm in the airport, I don't know if you knew that or not. I can either call you at 1:00ish while I'm in Salt Lake or 8:00ish when I'm in Atlanta (Atlanta time). Let me know which you'd prefer, although I'm sure it will be the latter so I can say hi to Kenzie and Kylie too, who are now in school! Also, if my math and geography are correct, Dad, you will be in Costa Rica...so I think I can call you're cell phone that you bought for Costa Rica, I'll just need the phone number. Let me know when you want me to call you, too. Muchas cosas que yo quiera decir!

I received "the package," so you may now activate "the device" whenever you are ready. When and for what should I be using the card for, if ever? I also received the dictionary, which is perfect, thank you so much! Thanks for handling all that scholarship stuff, Dad, I told BYU before I left that I had that scholarship and if they'd be able to just hold it for 2 years, and they said they normally do for missionaries, and that it probably wouldn't be a problem. I wish they had told me then if there were any papers I had to sign.

Oh! Also, Dad, I was just thinking yesterday, I need a picture of you when you were a missionary! I might be running into the people you talked to 29 years ago and I need a picture of you with me from back then! I seriously cannot wait for our stories when I find someone that you taught who now wants me to talk to their kids or something! This is the best mission I could possibly be sent to, and I am so excited that it is so close now!

I saw Rachel Corbett briefly on Wednesday, she was dropping her sister off at the MTC while I was on my way back from the field, where I was playing soccer for gym. That was really fun to see one of my good friends from BYU! It didn't feel quite that strange though because I keep seeing all my BYU friends that are missionaries in the MTC everywhere, so it was almost normal to run into another BYU friend, haha.

So actually, I didn't do hosting last week, which is where we welcome the new missionaries on the curb on Wednesday, and I don't think I will be doing it this week either. You're supposed to receive a notification in the mail telling you that you're hosting, and it normally happens the last 2 weeks of the MTC, but we haven't gotten anything, so I don't think we will be. My companion and I were asked to help in a "How to Begin Teaching" seminar with the new missionaries on Wednesday night, though, so I think we're just going to be starting a lesson with an investigator in front of a group of fresh missionaries and then the greenies take it from there. We'll go to a training seminar today during laundry time to learn what we're supposed to do.

Also, last Tuesday was another seventy member, so I have one last shot at getting the prophet/an apostle this Tuesday. Apparently it's been 6 years or something since the prophet has come and spoken at the MTC, so maybe it's about time he comes!! Love you all!!

Love, Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment